How do I convince my boss to let me go part time?
How To Convince Your Employer To Let You Work Part Time
- Offer a Solution to a Problem. Employers love problem solvers.
- Show You Are the Right Person for the Job.
- Show a Full-Time Value Despite Your Part-Time Schedule.
- Reframe the Opportunity as a Win-Win for Both of You.
- Prove You’re Invaluable and Efficient.
- Focus on Results.
- Present a Solid Plan.
How do you tell your boss you want less hours?
9 Tips for Negotiating Fewer Hours at a Day Job (Without Getting Fired)
- Know What You Need.
- Time Your Request Right.
- Think Like Your Employer.
- Emphasize the Benefits for Your Boss.
- Go In With a Plan…
- …But Be Open to Alternatives.
- Consider Benefits.
- Offer a Trial Period.
Can a manager work part time?
This means that a Manager has to work as long as it takes for ALL THE OTHER EMPLOYEES TO COMPLETE THEIR JOBS, which means NO. A Manager doesn’t ever work just 40 hours. It is usually more like 60 to 80 hours a week. What are the maximum hours you can work per week for a job to be considered part time?
How do you negotiate working hours?
Here’s How to Negotiate Flexible Work Hours
- Read through your contract or the employee handbook. When you were hired, you were likely given an employee handbook filled with the ins and outs of the company’s rules.
- 2. Make a plan.
- Lay out the benefits for your employer.
- Talk to your supervisor.
- Ask for a trial period.