Here are all the things you can gain from an internship:
- New and improved skills and how to apply them.
- Professional communications.
- Networking is important.
- Taking constructive criticism well.
- Work hard no matter what you’re doing.
- Making connections.
- You’re more important than you think.
How will this internship benefit you?
Gives the opportunity to evaluate prospective employees virtually risk free. Saves money since an intern receives less pay and fewer benefits than a full-time employee. Functions as flexible, cost-effective work force without long-term commitments. Frees up professional staff to pursue more creative projects.
What do you expect from internship?
What to expect during your first internship
- Expect gerbil-work. This shouldn’t come as a surprise.
- Expect to be treated equal. To the chaiwalla.
- Expect to be active.
- Expect compensation.
- Expect to meet people and be sociable.
- Expect office politics.
- Expect a LOT of new things to learn.
- Expect to fall short.
Why do you want to join this internship?
Here are just a few reasons why internships are investments in your future: 1) Real world experience: Joining a company as an intern gives you the opportunity to work hands on in a professional environment. Think of it like this – internships are a way to test drive possible jobs and explore different career options.
What skills do you hope to gain?
11 Key Skills You Can Gain from Work Experience
- Self-Reliance. To an extent, university already develops self-reliance – unlike school, you are encouraged to find your own answers and develop your own path.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Problem-Solving Skills.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Practical Skills.
- Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem.